Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Home

Friday, August 5th, 2011

Tanzanian bus ride - 7 hours
Taxi to the airport in Uganda- 45 minutes
Waiting for my flight in the Entebbe airport- 9 hours
Flight to Amsterdam- 8.5 hours
Layover in Amsterdam- 3.5 hours
Flight to Minneapolis- 8 hours
Taking my first hot shower in 13 days- priceless!

I am finally home after a long journey back to Minnesota.  The bus ride was not as dramatic as I had imagined.  To be honest I envisioned sharing public transportation with a goat or at least some chickens but that was not the case.  Aside from the bus being old, very full and stopping many times along the way- it was just like taking the bus in Minneapolis. 
Thank you so much for following along with this amazing experience! I hope that you will consider traveling to Tanzania and especially Bukoba in the future. The people alone are worth the trek.
Gertrude Stine spoke of her connection to Paris and that quote truly shows my sentiment after this journey.   
America is my country, but Bukoba is my hometown.

No comments:

Post a Comment